As decreed by Kris for this week: 10 Things I Love About Fiber Festivals
- An excuse for a road trip – anywhere, anytime – to spend time with my gal pals!
- A guarantee that there are things I’m interested in at our destination.
- The opportunity to find/see/smell/touch treasures in a way you just can’t do online.
- Flora and fauna — not only the glory of New England in the fall, but the first leaves, tulips and daffodils of spring, too.
- Singing summer-camp songs somewhere along the way …
- Seeing my far-away Knitter’s Review Retreat pals when the destination is somewhere in the middle.
- Supporting local 4-H programs and tasting the goodies in their food tents.
- The cosmic incongruity of lamb stew in one barn and Sheepy in another.
- Scoping out the FOs folks are wearing.
- The really mellow happy I feel at the end of the day.